Do you like scalloped potatoes and ham? I likey them. They’re one of the most beautiful combos in the whole, wide, big, ol’ world. It must be eaten with the most perfect gratification and awe. Scalloped potatoes and ham dish is an art. It is also alot of work to make. Back-breaking but worth it, since it’s also heart-breaking to eat.
Of course, if there is a way to eat such a dish, there is a way to make it. This is the best recipe ever. Perfectly potato-y. Perfectly ham-y. Perfectly cheese-y. Perfectly yummy.
How to eat scalloped potatoes and ham:
1. Take a fork and scoop a big hunk of both potatoes and ham.
2. Take a bite and savor the moment as you stare down at your empty fork. Well, you don’t have to stare at your fork; that’s kinda weird. This picture is just proof that I ate a bite of scalloped potatoes and ham.
3. Repeat steps one and two until your helping is gone.
4. Once you’re finished, go get another helping. And another. And another. Until the pan is gone.
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND HAM
7 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, cubed, and boiled in water until about 70% done
3 c. diced ham
1 medium-sized onion
1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
2 c. milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Consume Properly
1. Layer half of the diced and 70% done potatoes in a greased 9×13 pan. Top with the ham, onion, and 1 cup of cheese. Finish with the rest of potatoes.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir around for a minute. Add in the milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk the mixture until thick. Pour evenly over the potatoes. Finish by sprinkling the 1/2 cup of cheese evenly over the top.
3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, or until cheese and top is lightly brown.
4. Take bites by following the eating directions for scalloped potatoes and ham above (Or, in other words, enjoy and totally pig out!).