Peanut butter is extremely yummy. It’s even yummier when paired with chocolate. Chocolate and peanut butter . . . (*sigh*) It’s just almost too good.
I know these cookies are mostly eaten at Christmas, but why?! There are no flavors or colors that remind us of Christmas. I like them any time of the year. I make them any time of the year. I eat and love them any time of the year. ANY TIME OF THE YEAR!
Peanut butter kiss cookies are extremely addicting. You eat one, and then you find another gone until the cookie plate is crumbs. But that’s why you made them, right? To get eaten. Therefore, you accomplished something on your “to do” list today. Congratulations. You are so ambitious.
PEANUT BUTTER KISS COOKIES
SLIGHTLY TWEAKED FROM THE ORIGINAL: All Recipe’s “Peanut Blossoms II”
Why You Absolutely LOVE This
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour
2 (9 oz.) bags Hershey kisses, unwrapped
1/2 c. white sugar
How To Consume Properly
1. Cream the butter, peanut butter, and the sugars together. Beat the eggs in. Add the milk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour until the dough is brought together and completely mixed.
2. In a small bowl, mix the rolling salt and sugar together. Set aside.
3. Take a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Roll in the rolling sugar until completely covered. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat until the cookie dough is gone.
4. Bake at 375 for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned. Take the cookie sheets out of the oven and immediately press a kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 – 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Love these cookies and don’t leave a crumb.
Where’d the kiss go??? Oops…