I’ve got this thing for potatoes. It doesn’t matter if they’re sweet or golden, red or cold (actually, that does matter); I love potatoes. They’re one of my top favorite foods. Now I’ve tried and have eaten alot of food in my life, so that’s saying something.
These pre-made mashed potatoes should almost be renamed “perfectly perfect mashed potatoes. They’re so heavenly and creamy; they’re perfect. I love them, and you will too! You will regret it for the rest of your life if you don’t stop reading write here and go and make this beauty. STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING. GO AND MAKE THESE MASHED POTATOES. The potatoes will love you, and I will too.
PRE-MADE & BAKED MASHED POTATOES
Tweaked From the Original: All Recipes’ Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
5 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed (Yukon Gold is recommended)
6 oz. (3/4 of a 8 oz. package) cream cheese, softened
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. milk
1 Tbs. onion salt (I used regular salt)
3/4 tsp. black pepper
4 Tbs. butter
How To Consume Properly:
1. Place the peeled and cubed potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, and boil for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Mash the potatoes.
2. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and add all of the ingredients, except the butter. Take an electric beater and beat the potatoes and ingredients together until smooth and no chunks remain (Or leave some chunks if you like added texture!).
3. Pour the potatoes into a large casserole dish and cover. Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes, or until hot.
4. When the potatoes are done, slice the butter and dab the slices onto the top of the potatoes. The butter will melt and soak into the potatoes.
5. Enjoy your gorgeous masterpiece by taking the entire dish to your spot at the table. Large spoon required. Serves one.